Wednesday, October 20, 2004

American Music Club Companion

Having seen AMC last week at Islington's Academy (bizarre venue in shopping centre), I've been mentally compiling an AMC best of for the moment it looks like this:


01 room above the club
02 outside this bar
03 nightwatchman
04 firefly
05 blue and grey shirt
06 last harbor
07 dreamers of the dream
08 kathleen
09 why won't you stay
10 sick of food
11 What the Pillar of Salt Held Up
12 I've been a mess
13 will you find me?
14 What Godzilla Said to God When His Name Wasn't Found in the Book of Life
15 fearless
16 Cape Canaveral
17 I broke my promise
18 another morning
19 Only Love Can Set You Free
20 myopic books


Of course it's too long to fit on a CD by about 4 songs - but which songs? And what did I forget? I'm thinking maybe only love can set you free, but what else?

You can also stream the entire new album - love songs for patriots here, I find the album hangs better together once past the first three tracks, but that's just me.

3 comments:

  1. Nope, can't do it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, hell. Make it a double disc...cuz you've gotta add "if i had a hammer" and "western sky" and "gary's song" and "rise" and...oh, nevermind. too hard. i run into the same problem when people ask me for a tom waits mix...how do you distill brilliant careers onto one mix cd? how was the show, by the way? gonna see them here in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I've made it a double - 24 tracks, if you want a copy let me know. I feel like there's still a few missing, and I'm still waiting for the other songs on the new album to really kick in - so it might get to 26.

    The listing, grouped by album is:

    01 room above the club

    02 outside this bar
    03 gary's song
    04 nightwatchman

    05 firefly
    06 blue and grey shirt
    07 western sky
    08 last harbor

    09 dreamers of the dream
    10 Heaven of your hands
    11 kathleen

    12 why won't you stay
    13 sick of food
    14 What the Pillar of Salt Held Up
    15 Jesus' Hands

    16 If I had a hammer
    17 I've been a mess
    18 What Godzilla Said to God When His Name Wasn't Found in the Book of Life
    19 will you find me?

    20 fearless
    21 Cape Canaveral
    22 i broke my promise

    23 another morning
    24 myopic books

    ReplyDelete