Monday, April 25, 2005

Was I the first



6.20am this morning at Heathrow Terminal 4 on my way to work, I saw the guy raising the shutters at HMV, he'd got the first one up and was working on the second when I spotted the HAL album on the shelves for £8.50, well it would have been rude not to buy it really wouldn't it? Given that the album is released today in the UK, I think I might have grounds to claim it was the first one actually bought. Of course I then burnt it onto my laptop at the gate and then onto to my iRiver so I could listen to it on the plane.

I'm now on my fifth listen through (having arrived in Vienna), but the singles all point in the direction the album takes - like the very best bits of post-Pet Sounds Beach Boys, mixed with a little Neil Young. Seems funny to finally have a crackle free version of Worry 'bout the wind though (and I think it's a different version).

Buy their album

Official site

No comments:

Post a Comment