Monday, June 26, 2006

Thomas Fraser - cowboy music out of time

I came across this article in the Observer music magazine last week and was intrigued enough to get a copy of you and my old guitar. Basically Thomas was a lobster fisherman on the remote Shetland Islands (specifically Burra), records classic American country he hears on the radio in the 1950s. Thomas Fraser died in 1978, but the tapes he had made have been released by his grandson to much critical acclaim. This is the real thing. No fake webcasts, no street teams. This is the sound of a man making music he loved for his own and his friends amusement. I'm not sure if I'm going to get the other CDs - but I loving the one that I've got. Check the other samples on the official site.

Listen: Thomas Fraser - Lonesome Town

Official website

Buy it: from Burra - it's more fun!
Buy it: from CDbaby

No comments:

Post a Comment