Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Southern Tenant Folk Union


My wife thoughtfully informed me on Monday (my birthday) that we will never have a banjo in our house, just in case I started to get any ideas to the contrary. Given that I have yet to master the many other stringed instruments with which I annoy her (guitar, mandolin, ukulele, lapsteel, sitar) I'm not surprised. I think it more likely that banjo is no use to her orchestral playing/fixing, so the violin I'm in the process of building will be allowed.

Southern Tenant Folk Union play the kind of traditional Americana with harmonies, banjo(!), fiddle and religious imagery at every turn. Made all the more surprising given they seemed to be based in London. Thanks to the nice people over at ugly nephew records.

Listen: Southern Tenant Folk Union - Sweeter Times

MySpace
Official

More clawhammer filled tracks over at the ever dependable songs:illinois

No comments:

Post a Comment