Monday, March 26, 2007

John St Field - Soft Lowland Tongue

Taken from the rather hard to get hold of 1975 album Control, I admit to knowing next to nothing about the artist (actually called Jackie Leven) apart from I've been playing this album on repeat over the last few days. The album's mix of early/mid 70s British folk (he's scottish and there's jazz flute aplenty) and CSN&Y harmonies mix beautifully to create a gently turbulent listening experience. Check it out and let me know if you have any further info.

Listen: John St. Field - soft lowland tongue

Official

Wikipedia

1 comment:

  1. I saw John St Field once back in around 1968-70 when he did the guest spot at our local folk club in Exeter. I thought he was great, but never followed up on where he went of what he did. Somewhere I think I will have an old B&W photo from that gig.
    Steve Woodlad

    ReplyDelete