Thursday, May 31, 2007

Jake Roche and The Comforters

After a euphoric Bank Holiday weekend, it's been back to work with a whimper this week. So here are some songs to ease us all through the daily grind.

In a sea of folk/rock/americana MySpacers, Jake Roche stands out a mile. Can't quite put my finger on why I like it so much. It reminds me of Maplewood, perhaps the Waterboys; it's a bit Van and quite a lot Dylan. All in all, a rather lovely thing. Have a listen and see what you think.
Jake Roche - Love's Version
Jake Roche - If I Didn't Have Much Time (particularly like the vocals on this one).

And The Comforters do exactly what their name suggests. They are a husband/wife team based out of Eugene, Oregon and together they make a lilting and joyful noise, full of melody and quietly seductive. Plenty of potential for a gentle sway around the kitchen to this one, folks. Enjoy.
The Comforters - I Want to Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment