Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Beach Boys - Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)


The lure of the sun prised me away from my desk and into town at lunchtime today. One of the shops was playing Pet Sounds - it is, after all, an album that is part of the sound of summer - and I found myself hanging around until it was time for Don't Talk. It had quite an effect on me when it did come on. It is just such a beautiful song, quite incredible and probably my favourite one from Pet Sounds. (Fighting talk, that, in some circles).

I'll leave it to Howard to talk about the musicality of it as he's far more qualified. It simply intrigues me - I can't work out how it is so densely arranged and yet sounds so effortless. Or how it can be quite short but feel like a whole symphony. A treat.

Listen, listen, listen: The Beach Boys - Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)

On the off chance that you don't already own it, buy it.
Read all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment