Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hem - the part where you let go



Hem will always have a special place in my heart - the one they share with the cowboy junkies' first two albums. The purity of the voice and the subtle male vocal that underpins it along with the frightening musicianship make listening at once comforting and faintly nostalgic.

Listen: hem - The part where you let go

I'm not sure where you can buy the EP from, but there's more info here



I bought the album this comes from (Bavarian Fruit Bread) for my wife years ago, but I don't think she's given it much of a listen, she prefers the Mazzy star of among my swan. Since my son was born we haven't had a lot of trouble going to sleep, so listening opportunities for albums are limited to those moments when you need to hear Ride it On one more time, or marvel in the shimmy of the only truly gothic tambourine I can think of. My wife and I saw them at the Union Chapel in Islington, London - a cavernous church, in which they made a lovely sound whilst Hope hid behind her hair.

Listen: Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions feat. Bert Jansch - Butterfly Mornings

Buy it

No comments:

Post a Comment