Monday, August 06, 2007

Lonesome Is Three - it's our birthday

Well folks, Lonesome Music is three years old today. I think this makes us relatively old hands at this lark. I've described our site as being a public extension of an ongoing conversation that my brother Howard and I have been having for about 20 years. Surprisingly, other people listen, seem to like it and some even join in.

It's been a good three years - a lonesome baby (Howard), a lonesome house (me), a lonesome jaunt to Spain, happy holidays, hundreds of gigs, a scary low and many, many highs. We've made new acquaintances, learnt some new stuff and heard and shared a lot of really good music.

When you get involved in this blogging business, people ask why you do it and who you write for, yourself or your readers? Well, it doesn't really apply here - whatever rubbish I write, I know Howard will read every word and encourage me to write more. And vice versa. And that pretty much says it all, really.

Happy birthday to us. It's a laugh, isn't it?

Listen - The Arlenes - Lonely Won't Leave Me Alone (Buy)
Listen - Shelagh McDonald - Lonely King (Buy)
Listen - Beck - Lonesome Tears (Buy)
Listen - Billy Bragg and Wilco - At My Window Sad and Lonely (Buy)Listen - Gruff Rhys - Lonesome Words (Buy)
Listen - Richard Hawley - Lonely Night (Buy)
Listen - Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town (Buy)
Listen - Waylon Jennings - Lonesome, On'ry and Mean (Buy)

No comments:

Post a Comment