Thursday, September 13, 2007

Christian Williams

Back with his gothic country music, Christian Williams has a new album called Defiant, described by the man himself as 'just as dark as the last one but there's a little more humor and a lot more toe-tapping'. There's more banjo in evidence on these tracks too on the blood thirsty Henry May and some fine frailing (I hope that's the right term, could be clawhammer, could just be strumming - my wife won't entertain a banjo remember?) to match the yodelling on Preacher.

I've just sat through a whole banjo lesson on youtube from the man who wrote the how and the tao of 5 string banjo. I'm still none the wiser, but find myself wanting a banjo, again.

Listen: Christian Williams - Henry May
Listen: Christian Williams - Preacher

Official

No comments:

Post a Comment