Friday, November 09, 2007

Feeling a bit emotional on the train

Both Howard and I are doing a fair whack of commuting these days. So there's a lot of time to listen to music, gaze out of the window and think deep thoughts. And I keep finding myself coming over all peculiar on the train.

The joys of modern technology mean that I have a veritable treasure trove of sad songs for company and, my God, some of them show no mercy when it comes to plucking at the heartstrings. If you're reading this site, then you'll know what I mean.

Still, nothing like welling up among the suits to set you up for the day.
To mark the end of the working week, here are some culprits.

Listen - Lucy Kaplansky - More Than This
Listen - Damien Jurado - Apart
Listen - The Czars - Anger.

Buy Lucy Kaplansky, or The Czars.
The Damien Jurado song is from a tour-only CD, but if you liked that, then I'd recommend his newish one.

And if you have five minutes to spare, go and have a look at some beautiful and evocative images of trains in cinema, (yes, really), here.

No comments:

Post a Comment