Saturday, March 29, 2008

New Laura Cantrell at BBQ chicken robot

Laura Cantrell holds a special place in my heart, her last album and performance at the John Peel tribute concert sound tracked my time in hospital and convalescence a couple of years ago. I really did get better walking around the lake listening to those songs.

I was a little apprehensive when I found out her next release was going to be a set of covers as there's been an unseemly rash of such albums by solo female artists lately with very mixed results. You can check how Laura's stack up against the assorted Dusty covers and worse by sampling three of her tracks at BBQCHICKENROBOT.

There are lots of mp3 on her website for you to enjoy.

And when you've done that I've just noticed Songs:Illinois pointing to the same post and another over at the scope of the scene with two tracks by Sam Amidon - about whom Beth and I have frothed quietly like alka seltzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment