Just back from seeing Elbow and feel the need to share what I've learnt tonight:
- The Seldom Seen Kid is an even better album than you think it is
- Even in person, Richard Hawley feels a bit like an intruder
- The mirrorballs at the Poly can be really quite majestic
- Leeds loves Guy Garvey and he fucking loves us back
- We all know the words to 'I am H.A.P.P.Y'
- A surge of huge goodwill in the audience, miles away from the usual indie nonchalance, coupled with a sufficient amount of Guinness, make a snowy Sunday night seem quite magical
- Bowman is a fucking idiot
- Guy Garvey, in case you hadn't noticed, is a superstar.
Listen: Elbow - One Day Like This
Buy the latest album now; or just do yourself a huge favour and buy them all.