Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dennis Wilson POB to be reissued at last


Firstly apologies for not posting much, work is proving very demanding. Anyway, there's a head of media hype/steam building up to the release of Dennis Wilson's solo album Pacific Ocean Blue. Long term readers will know that I'm a sucker for a bit of mid-period Beach boys, this article in the Guardian is one of the better ones - Richard Williams revisits the musical masterwork of former Beach Boy, Dennis Wilson (yes I know my writing leaves an awful lot to be desired).

Anyway I was going to post the 'masterwork' from the article - Only with you, but I realised that for me it's actually a different song that does it for me. Listening back to it again before posting also made me realise the deeper connection between spiritualized and the beach boys. Your comments are as always, most welcome.

Listen: Dennis Wilson - Carry Me Home

No comments:

Post a Comment