Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Foy Vance


My friend Andy plays in a band called Van Tramp, they play classic rock and have a great singer who thankfully doesn't sound quite as much like Rod Stewart as he used to.
They are way too upbeat for posting here, but Foy Vance's vocals reminded me of them when I first heard his songs and he has quite a few lonesome worthy tracks, my favorite of which I'm posting here. Taken from his album Hope, an album that has an astonishingly strong first half and a second half about which I'm undecided, Foy manages to conjure up a bit of the old Van himself. His obviously love for american music in all its guises combined with some great playing, arrangements and vocals make it all very impressive.

Listen: Doesn't take a whole day


Official


Buy it

No comments:

Post a Comment