Sunday, February 08, 2009

Dory Previn - The Lady with the Braid

I found myself singing this to my best girl friends this weekend and was met with blank looks. Now to be fair, this is far from a rare occurence, but it is one that can easily be put right.

So - Dory Previn, yes as in Andre (pre-Mia) - quietly bonkers, hugely melodic, good on the words. A fine 1971 vintage of total lady folk quality.

Hand crocheted indeed.

Listen: Dory Previn - The Lady with the Braid

There's a new compliation out which would be a good place to start - buy it here

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite songs of all time. Thank you for liking it too. She started me off on songwriting as her songs were clearly autobiographic (and quite frankly a bit bonkers some of the time!) but what a wonderful way she has with words, those lyrics just stay with you. "I don't know what made me say that!"

    Greetings from London,UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have taken me nearly three years, but I found this today in a serendipitous way.

    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete