Saturday, June 06, 2009

Rain and Snow

Last weekend, when this country was having the flags proverbially cracked, I was up to my thighs in snow on top of a glacier. Funny how things go, isn't it?

Obviously this post is just an excuse for me to ramble on about Iceland and The Lonesome Sisters, possibly two of my favourite favourite things. I'd encourage you all to have a go at both.

If you've been hanging around here for a while, you'll know our love of this lot. It's where it all began and how we found our blog name. So, on the off chance that you haven't had the pleasure yet, then do give this a whirl for top-notch old-timey bluegrass harmonies.

Listen: The Lonesome Sisters - Rain and Snow

And whilst we're about it, here are some more snowy delights.

Listen: Emmylou Harris - Roses in the Snow

Listen: Hank Snow - Miller's Cave.

Please buy The Lonesome Sisters, splash out on some deluxe Emmylou or get your hands on some essential Hank Snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment