Friday, October 16, 2009

Jolie Holland - Escondida

Howard and I were talking about this album earlier this week whilst we were popping some edamame beans and waiting for this. Now, given that he's a fan of the Be Good Tanyas, I was quite surprised he hadn't heard this. I figured that there must be a fair few of you out there that are in the same boat, so I thought I'd post this to break the drought.

Escondida is a fantastic Sunday morning album, brilliant for keeping you company and keeping your interest, whilst never outstaying its welcome. It's quite a mixed bag and I could have chosen nearly any of the songs to put up here, they're all winners. It ranges from folksy picking to white girls blues to piano and brass ballads. There's even a song called 'Darlin Ukelele' - what's not to love? Here are a couple of favourites, but do yourself a favour and get hold of a copy to sample the full Jolie spectrum.

Listen: Jolie Holland - Old Fashioned Morphine

Listen: Jolie Holland - Do You?

Buy

No comments:

Post a Comment