Friday, February 05, 2010

Graham Coxon - The Spinning Top

What was the last song you had on repeat?

This one has kept me company on a series of very long and cold train journeys this week - I've heard it umpteen times and yet I keep finding myself pressing repeat. It's eight and a half minutes of acoustic, finger-plucky, Graham-y/Martin-y clever clogs pleasure, with added glasses. And birdsong.

I'm a bit of a late-comer to this album, which seemed to get a bit of a rough ride in the reviews - it's a step away from the archetypal indie boy towards a bigger and broader musical heritage. Come on in, I say.

I think this could well be Coxon's Weekender (which, I think we can agree, is a very good thing).

Listen: Graham Coxon - In the Morning.

Buy

PS Happy Birthday Howard XXXX

2 comments:

  1. Love the song. And I totally agree with 'it's a step away from the archetypal indie boy towards a bigger and broader musical heritage'- definitely a step in the right direction.
    Awesome blog!
    -Your latest follower :)

    ReplyDelete