Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Glen - If this is love


It's all gone a bit Glen around these parts recently and I want to join in.

I love a bit of Glen - you've had Southern Nights at least twice over the years, which would be my normal choice, so here's another top pick. It's a two minute-stomper, full of top alliteration and picky guitars. I don't think it was a hit, mind; my sources call it 'curiously unsuccessful'. Ha.

It's on the mighty mighty Galveston, which is worth buying just for the title track, never mind this one and the swoonsome Where's the Playground, Susie?

Listen: Glen Campbell - If This Is Love

P.S. Interesting stuff afoot... When I went back to link to the Southern Nights posts back in 2005 and 2007, they've curiously disappeared. No DMCA email about that one, just gone. Bit irritating that. Same happened to Howard's post last year on Akron Family. I think only I noticed. On the positive side, I did find that some of our ancient comments from 2004 seem to have made it over in the blogger upgrade debacle. Cor, we've been rattling on for ages.

Buy.

5 comments:

  1. That's some serious picking and no mistake x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh super. a drizzley afternoon, a bit of duck feeding and then back to a nice bit of glen.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on, let's have another one, eh?

    Hey Little One

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beware Miss Beth: have just had my second DMCA 'revert to draft' even though I complied dutifully with the last and removed the link. Seems even the words are picked up by the bots...

    Ta for 'Little One' mind x

    ReplyDelete